Legal Administrative Assistant – Part-Time or Full-Time (Denver)
Join our team at 3i Law, a full-service law firm in Denver and Colorado Springs. The 3i Law team was founded with the idea that the law is not something that need be met with trepidation; rather it can be used as a valuable tool to help individuals and businesses meet their goals. We are powered by an ongoing commitment to collaboration, creativity, quality, and compassion for our clients. Innovation, integration, and integrity are the guiding principles of 3i Law and we bring these tenets to life daily in every interaction, big and small, with our clients.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Denver office. If you have a passion for legal work, a critical eye for detail, and a proactive approach, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities for Legal Administrative Assistant
- Collect, examine, and organize documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Draft and proofread correspondence and legal documents, such as pleadings and contracts
- Perform legal research to assist with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice
- Manage client billing by preparing, finalizing, and sending out bills, as well as resolving billing issues in cooperation with the billing attorney
- Communicate with clients and witnesses to schedule meetings, interviews, and depositions
- Manage, organize, and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- Provide general administrative assistance, such as maintaining the attorney’s calendar and making travel arrangements
Qualifications for Legal Assistant
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associates degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines
- Self-starter and a willingness to be proactive and anticipate the needs of attorneys rather than waiting for direction
Salary Range: $36k-42k DOE. Open to part-time placements for the right candidate.